After the Indian delight I had much of coconut left and thought what can I do with it? I decided to make my fave choco slices and post here of course 🙂 I found this recipe many years ago. A russian woman posted it (I cannot remember where I found it and who posted it). I made it and loved it.
For batter for a backing tray 38 : 34 cm
- 4 eggs
- 2 glasses of sugar
- 0,5 glass of vegetable oil (I used rapeseed oil. I love it. It has no smell an is very light)
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 package of backing powder and vanilla sugar
- 3 glasses of flour (the right amount of the flour depends on the consistency of your batter. add more or less if necessary)
For choco sauce:
- 2,5 glasses of milk
- 200 gr of milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- desiccated coconut ( without limit )
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for batter together. Bake in the oven by 180 °C about 30 minures. Let the cake cool. After cooling cut in pieces 10 : 7 cm. Or choose the size you like.
- For choco sauce: in a pot add milk, chocolate and sugar and bring to boil on the lowest heat till chocolate fully dissolves in milk. Let it cool besides.
- After cooling, prepare 2 plates. Fill a flat plate with coconut. Fill a deep plate with sauce and soak every side of cake pieces in it.
4. After, roll the pieces from every side in coconut.
5. Put in a plastic box.
Keep in the fridge for 2 days and then…