It is spring. The nature awakes from winter sleep. The trees bloom. New grass grows and spring flowers delight the eye. Sun comes out. The air gets warmer and has something sweet that you get good moods.
In such a beautiful time of the year I usually want more fruits and vegetables. So, I had the idea of a lemon cake. Because of the flavour. Yes, I know the vitamins and the taste… but I simply wanted lemon-flavoured cake. And I made it. Finally. I am glad.
- 3 eggs
- 220 – 250 gr of white sugar (it depends how sweet you like it)
- 180 gr of butter (melted)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 150 gr of almond meal
- 1 package of baking powder
- 225 gr of flour
- sugar powder for decoration
Springform pan 26 cm
How to make:
1. Mix eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar till the mixture turns light. Add butter.
2. Add lemon zest and juice. Mix good and add almond meal.
Attention: Lemon zest has not only a wonderful flavour, but gives the cake a bitter taste. Like you can see on the picture, I gave a lot of zest into the cake. If you don’t like it, reduce the amount to a teaspoon, or don’t add it simply. The juice itself has enough of flavour.
3. Add baking powder and flour. The batter is like a thick paste.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 170°C. Let it cool and dust the cake with sugar powder. (I tasted and: WOW! Like it! Very aromatic.)
And enjoy 🙂