All the thoughts and opinions in my posts are my own at the moment. The posts and reviews aren’t sponsored yet and the links I share aren’t affiliate links yet. For the case IF I’ll mark the sponsored/affiliate content.
I planned to write a post about this treatment long ago, but somehow didn’t. Now the remedy is nearly over, I think it is the best time to share my experience. I know there’re a lot of reviews about it, but maybe my review could help somebody too.
Actually Dr. Jart’s products are too expensive for me, but I was searching for some treatment for impure skin (who reads my reviews knows it already) and got high recommendation from an assistant in the cosmetic shop. Luckily they offered a mini version and I thought why not, let’s see and bought it. You cannot imagine how happy I was after testing it.
Dr. Jart+ is a Korean cosmetic company and was founded in 2004 (or in 2005 according to some sources). Several years ago it was taken over by Estee Lauder Companies. Dr. Jart+ positions itself as a dermocosmetic company, like Ducray for example and produces skin care products like creams, serums, treatments, masks etc.
The founders of the brand dermatologist Dr. Sung Jae Jung and architect Chin Wook Lee gave it its identity: dermacosmetics meets art. This is what the brand name means:
Dr – means healing remedies
J – means something like joins
art – means art
Dr joins art
In fact the company engage designers for developing original packages.
The main goal is to develop with the help of strong research and innovation effective skin care that works and gives the customer real results.
Where to buy:
There’re to sizes 50 ml or in mini 15 ml.
Cicapair is one of the product lines of Dr.Jart+. Besides treatment it includes also a calming gel cream, a serum, a cream, a mist, camo drops and mask.
The whole line is based on Centella Asiatica extracts which is native to some Asian countries. Centella Asiatica plant is well known for its healing qualities, for example healing wounds or treating skin irritations. Its other name tiger grass derives from instictive behaviour of tigers to heal their wounds with this plant. The cosmetic industry nowadays uses Centella Asiatica to create remedies for treating many skin troubles like irritation, inflammation, acne, pimples etc.
The name Cica derives from “cicatrix” a Latin word which means scar. Maybe because of the tigers and their wounds…
Water, Centella Asiatica Leaf Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Beeswax/Cire D’abeille, Glycerin, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Niacinamide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Pan-Thenol, Diglycerin, Iron Oxides, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethi- Cone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Chromium Oxide Greens, Triethyl Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Alcohol, Asiaticoside, Aden- Osine, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Boron Nitride, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, 1,2- Hexanediol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Propanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, Citric Acid, Calcium Gluconate, Madecassoside, Magnesium Gluconate, Centella Asiatica Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.
- Centella Asiatica Complex (Madecassoside, Madeecassic Acid, Asiaticoside and Asiatic Acid): Helps protect skin from stress.
- Herbs Complex (Houttuynia Cordata and Ressurrection Plant): Enhances skin’s viability.
- Minerals Solution and Panthenol: Soothes skin and restores moisture.
- Raspberry Leaf Extract: Helps reduce the look of inflammation. (Source: https://us.drjart.com/)
What should it do according to the producer:
An all-in-one treatment that includes a color-changing capsule within the formula to cover blemishes and restore the look of the skin’s strength, health, and vitality.
It provides SPF 30 protection from UV light, and it forms a dust barrier to protect the skin from the environment while enhancing the skin’s viability. It restores the strength of skin with the resurrection plants, houttuynia cordata and yarrow. It’s infused with sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium to help improve the skin’s moisture levels and restore fatigued skin for a healthy appearance.
After your moisturizer, apply a moderate amount; cream will change from green-to-beige to correct any redness. (Source: https://us.drjart.com/)
Nice coloured box. Inside a glass jar of green colour.
The glass has a protecting membrane above.
The cream is thick and of light green colour. Smells light of grass, but don’t scare the scent isn’t lasting.
Spreads good, but doesn’t absorb and leaves white cast. In a couple of minutes changes its colour on the skin from green to beige, but only on arm’s skin and not on face. (Strange!)
I would say the colour is for my skin to dark, but whatever…
Clean it with micellar water or with cleansing oil.
And this is how it looks like on the cotton pad after cleaning.
How it worked on my skin:
- Fights and reduces impurities and pimples – I usually applied it instead of a daycream when I had troubles with impurities: next day or even in the evening the skin looks much better, the pimples disappear in a short time.
- Reduces redness – the same like by pimples.
- Nourishes and improves skin condition – the skin looks purer and healthier.
- Protects from UV rays – with SPF 30 and has hence the anti-age effect.
- Has a mattifying effect that stays the whole day long, that means no greasy film, no oily skin.
- No irritation or allergic reaction so far, but I cannot say the treatment can be used by everyone. Ask for samples and try.
- Can be used instead of foundation.
- Includes much of herbal extracts.
- Doesn’t have moisturizing effect.
- Can dry out the skin.
- Because of the thick consistency feels heavy on skin, specially on hot days.
- When it finally changes its colour looks darker on fair skin.
- Includes to much chemical substances.
- Very bad under make-up – like I mentioned above can be used instead of foundation, but I had troubles to apply a foundation and even some powder over it.
- By overusing can clog the pores.
- And last but not least the biggest minus – because it has sunprotecting qualities with SPF 30, it contains Zinc oxid like physical sunscreens and leaves a white cast (in this case green cast). I’ve been using this remedy since March and everytime I applied it, it left green cast, no matter how thin I tried to spread it. And no matter what was applied under it. This is strange, because on body’s skin it changes its colour in a couple of minutes, but not on face.
Though it has some negative points, DON’T FORGET – it’s not a CREAM, but a TREATMENT and as a treatment it should be used only, if it is necessary and not every day. It is only an additional care, that means it cannot replace your regular day/night care.
- Use it as a cure only if you have some troubles like pimples or redness.
- By few pimples use it locally and not on the whole face.
- Clean your skin very good after it like after foundation with a good micellar water or cleansing oil/balm.
- Don’t use it twice a day, let your skin breath, otherwise by overusing it can clog the pores and dry the skin out.
- Moisturize your skin well after it with creams or emulsions with a light texture.
- If you’ll have troubles of putting make-up over it like I had, apply it only on days when you stay at home.
All in one it is a very good solution for impure skin and the best of all: IT WORKS! I’m very happy I found such a treatment. Will definitely repurchase again and highly recommend for people with impure skin.
Thank you Dr Jart!